Subject: Re: CIPE test report ...
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 15:21:53 +0200

Jurgen,

That does sound strange to me. I'll have to set up a test bed to emulate
your setup. Try setting up two CIPE boxes on the same ethernet segment and
see if it happens. Also, are there any routers between the two ? I rely on
small MTUs so there may be an issue with intervening routers. It's most
likely a hidden flaw in my CIPE implementation, though.

On 9/29/00 at 11:27 PM Jürgen K. Zick wrote:

>Hi Damion,
>
>sorry for bother you not over the list, but I just wanted to give some
>feedback and also I do have a question ...
>
>I just installed your distribution on two machines, both are WINNT4.0 SP6a
>Opening an tunnel is no problem, and browsing in explorer windows works,
>slowly ...
>But when I try to copy a file through the CIPE connection it is
>
>a) very slow, perhaps just 800-1000 bps ...
>b) and it never finishes, but breaks with several error messages like
>unexpected network error ...
>c) blocking all other applications, e.g. when I try to open another window

>while copying, I have to wait for 30-60secs before the mouseclick is
>recognized and processed ...
>
>probably my "fine" tuning of the network interface towards CIPE is not
>ideal ...
>
>One PC is on the network at the university, the other is at home at an
ADSL