Subject: Re: ..inf file for Windows 98
From: Roger Walker <rosco,AT,rope,DOT,net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:15:37 +0200

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, mikeeo wrote:

> Yeah thats great but CIPE is not a client/server VPN, its a PTP VPN using
> encrypted routers. You can't just dial-up and connect using CIPE the other
> side needs to have the same key and the service must be started etc.. the
> intent of CIPE is to connect two end points over a insecure network. If you
> want to use CIPE as client/server I don't think you will receive must help
> as this is not its intent.

        CIPE works quite well with an enpoint being a single host, rather
than an entire network. I often use my laptop (running Linux) to connect
over the Internet to my LAN. I believe that fits within your definition.

        Though I am not personally looking to use any Win98 clients for
the same purpose (I only answered your question as to why someone might
want to). However, if it does become possible to run CIPE on a Win98
endpoint, then I might have some clients that would be very interested.

--
Roger Walker                         <http://www.rat-hole.com>
Voice/Fax 1-780-440-2685             <http://www.man-from-linux.com>