Subject: Re: ..inf file for Windows 98
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:30:26 +0200

My three cents

I'd like to add the fact that we represent Free Software/Open Source here.
What we are trying to do is to make lives easier, starting with our own. We
scratch itches, sometimes around the globe if we're lucky, and the only
satisfaction we'll probably get is that of a job well done.

Even though I prefer to develop for Unix/Linux these days, the way I saw to
contribute to CIPE was to add its functionality to an OS that has proven
popular for home and laptop users.

What's important here is that we have bettered, with our tools, everyone's
chances to conduct imformation exchange on their own terms both with the
existing security and with the knowledge that they can extend the software
further for their own needs.

We should not dwell too much on seeing our favorite applications become
popular. Even though it's always nice to see the home team do well, it's
not a valid goal. Betterment of society and humanity is a loftier but much
more satisfactory one.

On 10/10/00 at 12:42 PM Roger Walker wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, mikeeo wrote:
>
>> Why would you run CIPE on Windows 98? it is a very unsecure O/S and has
no
>> security features I don't think many ppl will want or help run CIPE on
Win98