Subject: Re: CIPE-WIN32 & Bridging
From: Olaf Titz <olaf,AT,bigred,DOT,inka,DOT,de>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:39:50 +0200

> No. I haven't had the time to figure out how Olaf has implemented it yet.

In theory this is simple: just put an Ethernet header in front of the
packet before encryption rsp. remove it after decryption. :-)

However, the OS interface may be different, as this device now behaves
like an ethernet interface - it has to have a MAC address, it does ARP,
it can broadcast etc. I have no idea how easy/difficult that change is
for Win32. (For Linux it was rather straightforward, but it needs to
get some additional bits correct.)

Then, actual bridging under Windows is an entirely different story.
This surely needs additional software.

Olaf