Subject: Re: Cipe for Windows
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:10:42 +0200

Yes, I have but only several versions ago and, even then, only with another
CIPE-Win32 instance (i.e., I have never had it happen against Cipe 1.3.0 on
Linux).

Try setting the Key timeout value in the CIPE-Win32 control panel applet to
something very high.
Also, if possible, try using the same CIPE-Win32 instance against a CIPE
1.3.0 instance so we will know if it's something new with Cipe 1.4.x.

I am actually rewriting CIPE-Win32 right now so if we can figure out what
causes this before I'm done, I should be able to incorporate the fix or
workaround in the new release.

On 10/17/00 at 12:47 PM chris wrote:

>Hi Damion,
>
>I've been trying to get your CIPE port for Windows to work with my linux
CIPE. The latter is version 1.4.2
>and the seems to be able to communicate with your Windows port just fine,
the cipe device is allocated,
>opened, keys set. After the first few or so packets of traffic, the link
dies and both daemons enter an infinite