Subject: Re: Two Cipes
From: Manuela Guandalini <guandam,AT,gcs-mbh,DOT,de>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:06:50 +0200

Roskanuk Michal wrote:

> > > Are you sure the firewall rules permit the UDP ports
> > > used by A<->C?
> >
> > Yes, the rules A<->C are exactely the same as for A<->B
> > (which works), I mean....
> > the port0 has the same rules as port1.
> > Fothermore: the rules in C and B are identical.
>
> If u want to be absolutely sure, export/list these rules
> (especially on B and C). For ipchains 'ipchains -L'
> or 'ipchains-save', for ipfwadm similiar ... already forgot.
> u can say i'm paranoid, but who knows.
> (BTW u didn't specified your linux.) Also make sure
> that there isn't any other fw on the way (i suppose
> another comm. between A <-> works well and u've tested it
> already).

That's what I already did. How else would i know, the rules are identical?
Well. Which Linux? Linux SuSE 6.3 (machines B & C) and SuSE 6.4 on A.
I really have no idea any more.
Wrong portnr.? I tried different ones. I even tried the one i usually use for
A<>B  on the connection A<>C. No way. It must be something else.

Bye.
Manu.