Subject: Re: Frame errors with Cipe-Win32
From: "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell,AT,home,DOT,com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 07:21:56 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
To: <vvoipio,AT,cc,DOT,hut,DOT,fi>
Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2000 2:08 PM

> Yes, I know about the VPN/Vendor issues. Earlier this year, I embarked on
> journey of discovery through the land of VPN solutions and standards. I
> quickly found out that everything has problems. I gravitated to CIPE
> because the engineering seemed sound (complete with explanations, thanks
> Olaf) and it was simple. I looked at TUN/TAP too, but it's more
> complicated.
> I only wrote CIPE-Win32 because I needed to support road warriors.

I'm kind of surprised that there isn't an ssh port forwarding | net
interface
solution where the net interface doesn't provide any error correction
or retries.  CIPE with blowfish seems to be the minimalist approach
that works, but why isn't there a TAP that can be glued portably to
the end of ssh port forwarding along with passing any needed
ad hoc route commands over the command line?

   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell,AT,home,DOT,com