Subject: Re: Frame errors with Cipe-Win32
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:45:48 +0100

I guess that an SSH (I'm presuming a TCP-based "session" ) approach would
suffer from the same timing issues as PPP over SSH. Secondly, "gluing" an
SSH session/daemon to an emulated Ethernet interface would probably suffer
from performance issues as SSH is not really designed for that.

I am just guessing, though :-)

TUN/TAP does provide a standalone pseudo-Ethernet  adapter for Solaris and
Linux. The rewrite of CIPE-Win23 also will provide a such an adapter for
Windows. I'm sure someone will eventually attempt to do just what you've
suggested.