Subject: [Announce] CIPE 1.4.4, PKCIPE project
From: Olaf Titz <olaf,AT,bigred,DOT,inka,DOT,de>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:55:20 +0100

I've packaged CIPE version 1.4.4. This contains a small heap of bug fixes:
- compilation on bigendian machines,
- unknown symbol tasklist_lock on Linux 2.2 SMP,
- kernel warnings or deadlocks with dynamic device allocation under
  Linux 2.4.
Sorry it did take so long. I'm on travel often and I'll have to
arrange that I can reach the machine on which I do the releases from
remote (and this time not forget half of the important files :-()

I have started a new project: the long awaited public-key based
configuration is coming to life, now called PKCIPE. What is now
available as CVS snapshots is a very early development stage, some
functionality is missing and it is severely under-documented. But this
could be interesting to many people as it is designed to easily solve
the problems with dynamic carriers.

Olaf