Subject: Re: pspawn: exec: Permission denied
From: Olaf Titz <olaf,AT,bigred,DOT,inka,DOT,de>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:20:16 +0100

> On B, cipe loads correctly and waits for data.  However when A starts
> up, I get a "pspawn: exec: Permission denied" in its syslog.  Both

Make sure the ip-up script is executable and has correct syntax.

> which suggests the pspawn errors arises when the subnet masks are wrong,

I can't imagine what would cause that. But it could be that the ip-up
script sets up routing which is needed, and since this isn't
executed... (I should indicate the script name in the pspawn error
message; it can only be ip-up or ip-down.)

Another thing to check is if both sides have the same key parser
(preferrably the new/correct one, but if and only if you're stuck with
an older version on one side, use the broken one.)

Olaf