Subject: Re: need help on multiple cipe devices
From: Manuela Guandalini <guandam,AT,gcs-mbh,DOT,de>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 18:13:11 +0100

"Vahedipour, Kaveh" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Please help me with this. I am kind of desperate now. I have read anything I
> could find on multiple cipe devices. But could'nt find any help on this.
> This is a linux box with kernel 2.2.16. I have no idea how I can bind ciped
> to the second interface. I have to do that since eth0 is a cipe device too.
> The configration is supposed to connect two independent subnets to our main
> net. Do I have to modify ip-up? I could not find any hint on what exactly
> has to be changed. The first interface goes up with no errors.
>
> /etc/cipe/option-0: ---------------------
>
> ptpaddr         192.168.251.1
> ipaddr          192.168.251.251
>
> me              192.168.11.251:9999
> peer            192.168.11.1:9999
>
> key             <key>
>
> ipup            /etc/cipe/ip-up-0
>
> device          cipcb0
>
> /etc/cipe/option-1: ---------------------
>
> ptpaddr         192.168.253.3
> ipaddr          192.168.253.253
>
> me              192.168.13.253:9990
> peer            192.168.13.3:9990
>
> debug           1
>
> key             <key>
>
> ipup            /etc/cipe/ip-up-1
>
> device          cipcb1
>
> Running ciped-cb for that interface shows the following.

> /etc/cipe # ciped-cb -o /etc/cipe/option-1
> CIPE daemon vers 1.4.5 (c) Olaf Titz 1996-2000
> device=cipcb1
> debug=yes
> ipaddr=192.168.253.253
> ptpaddr=192.168.253.3
> mtu=0
> metric=0
> cttl=0
> me=192.168.13.253:9990
> peer=192.168.13.3:9990
> key=(secret)
> nokey=no
> socks=
> tokxc=0
> tokey=0
> ipup=/etc/cipe/ip-up-1
> ipdown=(none)
> arg=(none)
> maxerr=8
> tokxts=0
> ping=0
> toping=0
> dynip=no
> opendev: bind: Invalid argument

Do you really have two differents me-addresses on the internet? Shouldn't
<me> be
the same in cipcb1 and cipcb0?
I believe that the address on <me> is e.g. eth0 and on ipaddr eth1. That's why
they don't need new values in the different cipcb configurations.

So....  my second cipe don't work either, but my first one does.
How did u get the whole informations printed out? When i run ciped-cb -o
/etc/cipe/options-1 I see nothing on the screen? Is it because of the debug
option?

> Any help would be very much appreciated!

hope it was some help... :)

Gook luck
manu.