Subject: RE: CIPE-WIN32 Routing Configuration
From: "Matthew Kurowski" <matthew,AT,kurowski,DOT,org>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 03:45:10 +0100

I did nothing other than reboot one more time - and now it all works!

I encountered a few Dr. Watson's on the NT 4 machine when trying to tap in
with the console (the earlier memory violation was with msvcrt.dll i
believe). On the 2000 box I only get the "access violation" if another
console instance is running. On the NT 4 it always gets that error if the
service is even running so I must start it from the console mode with out
the service running. (I did not reinstall SP6a after the adapter setup since
I didn't see it being necessary so if it was...)

I'll be documenting the setup and putting it into okay form, let me know if
you are interested in using it for the win32 doc's. I'll forward it to you
later. Regardless, I'll be posting it on my website.

I'm a little concerned as to what was going on but I can't look a gift horse
in the mouth either I guess! I hope it holds...

I'm very impressed with the Win32 port. This is a definite lifesaver. I'm
very appreciative of getting the pre3 so quickly.

I'm going to start stress testing immediately and cutting over the services
to it. If you ever have anything you'd like me to try on a setup, let me
know. We are getting more machines in soon for both Linux and 2000.

Thanks again,
Matthew