Subject: RE: Right Direction???
From: SBNelson,AT,thermeon,DOT,com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:44:14 +0100

This will work fine, as long as you control both gateway systems.  We use
this ourselves.  We have tried to use Freeswan when we needed to connect to
another IPSEC system, but we were never able to make that work (no
compatible protocol between the two systems).  Technically, I don't see an
advantage of using UDP vs. IPSEC's (I can't remember the name) protocol
(they don't use TCP), but CIPE is much simpler.