Subject: Re: Cipe through SSH
From: "Michael" <michael,AT,bizsystems,DOT,com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 20:30:43 +0100

> This is probably a silly request, but is it possible to create a
> Cipe connection through an SSH tunnel? Below is a terrible
> "drawing":

yes, I've done it on Unix systems. The only problem I ran into was
that ssh would eventually close the pipe on timeouts. I never
satisfactorily solved this problem, just ran a cron job to check the
status of the link an put it back if it was down. I didn't use port
forwarding, just used the ssh capabilities of cipe to do it directly
with the appropriate config stuff in the border server.