Subject: Re: Win CIPE
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:36:54 +0100

Peter,

I am a Unix man, too (11 years admin + programming) so I understand where
you're coming from.

CIPE-Win32 is implemented in two parts: a tap device driver which
implements a network interface on one side and a character stream device on
the other, and a user mode daemon which implements the CIPE protocol. The
TAP device is implemented in the same manner as the TAP device in the
TUN/TAP project. It would seem that you could use the TAP device unmodified
and build an SSL tunnel in a usermode.

I am interested in your motive. Is CIPE somehow inadequate or do you have
to integrate with an existing infrastructure ?