Subject: /dev/urandom non-existent (intentionally deleted) how to circumvent it ?
From: Burbaickij Ariel <Ariel.Burbaickij,AT,erl9,DOT,siemens,DOT,de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:18:45 +0100

On one of the machines participating in testing of cipe /dev/urandom is not
present.The machine was formerly firewall and all unnecessary devices(as
considered by colleagues) were deleted. MAKEDEV is not present either.
Question is : Is it somehow possible to create /dev/urandom for the purposes
of proper functioning of cipe(Will touch /dev/random suffice :) )?
Besides, I would like to know when exactly  in stratup procedure the open
request to the file is made in initializing sequence of ciped?
What I see from debug=1 is open(/dev/urandom) : No such file or directory
as very last message prior to exiting of daemon .

Regards