Subject: Re: Final resort CIPE routing question
From: "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell,AT,home,DOT,com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:44:15 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "mikeeo" <mikeeo,AT,email,DOT,msn,DOT,com>
To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 7:05 AM

> I think Les is right as in Yannick has gone farther than this mailing list
> is designed for. What I mean is its not a CIPE issue, its more of a ipchains
> & routing and I don't believe we should be hand holding on this mailing
> list, because both routing & ipchains are very well documented if people
> would like to walk folks through configs I think it would be better not to
> do it on this mailing list. just my thoughts

You are technically correct, of course, but the comment would be more
useful if you could suggest the correct forum to find the people who
have solved these problems in the context of ip tunneling.   Is there
a generic ip-tunnel list or newsgroup to discuss the many complex
routing and firewalling issues that remain after you have a working
point-to-point tunnel connection?

    Les Mikesell
       lesmikesell,AT,home,DOT,com