Subject: Port problem
From: SYLVAIN.COUTANT,AT,illicom,DOT,com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:40:59 +0100

Hello,

I use cipe -almost- succesfully between two sites connected through ISDN and
xDSL. Both sites have a router which does source NAT on output packets. This
is usually not a problem as incoming packets are sent to my firewall/cipe
connector to the right destination port.

However, I found that after some time of connection (after few minutes
(30-120) of inactivity usually), the destination port of packets sent by cipe
is not the destination port I put in the options file. I use 12501 and 12502
as ports on each site. Packets should always be directed to port 12001 or
12002 depending on which site we are. The firewall filtering scheme is based
on this. WHen packets are sent by cipe to another destination port, it is not
allowed to get out or to come in and the connection is lost.

What's the problem with that ? Why would cipe try to change its ports like
this ?

I am using the 1.4.5 stable version. Thanks for any help on the subject.

Regard,
Sylvain.