Subject: Using ppp and eth0
From: Simon McGregor <simonm,AT,foxboro,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:19:07 +0100

People,
        I am trying to get a CIPE Connection going between a NIC card on a Box
running as a firewall and a remote dialup box using ppp. I have a CIPE
connection running between two NIC's on different boxes without any
problems. However for some reason this ppp CIPE connection won't work.
Are there any tricks when using a ppp connection. I am using Redhat 7.0
with the CIPE package that comes standard. I haven't implemented
firewalling at the remote end at this point. I'm looking for any helpful
hints. I have done traceroutes between points successfully. I've snooped
interfaces and seen packets going out at both ends down the correct
routes. However it appears they are unable to connect to the CIPE ports
at each end successfully. Is the Redhat CIPE package busted. Has anyone
got it going? Should I try the latest and the greatest? Help!

Simon

Simon McGregor
Unix/NT Administrator
Foxboro Australia
PH: 07 3340 2182
Fax: 07 3340 2100
Email: simonm,AT,foxboro,DOT,com,DOT,au

Relax and Enjoy, you may not be here Tomorrow.......