Subject: RE: cipe-win32, adapter 0 will not uninstall
From: "Matthew Kurowski" <matthew,AT,kurowski,DOT,org>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:39:10 +0100

Yes, I've hit that with earlier cipe-win32 versions. Honestly, I've been to
busy to keep up with things though.

I would just manually delete the associated entries. I'm at a job site right
now so can't look up the actually entries but they should be...

Also, you can use InCtrl on win32 platforms as a sysdiff-like util to tell
the exact entries - or just look in the inf file for where to look.

Nevermind, I just found this from Damion from a 10OCT2000 msg saying what I
was going to guess at...

If you look in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11C
E-BFC1-08002BE10318}, you will see a bunch of keys with numeric names
(0001, 0002, ...) Each of these represents a network adapter on your
machine. The CIPE ones have a ProviderName fields with DKWHeavyIndustries.

Then reboot twice... I _thought_ there was something else too, but I'd defer
to the coder...

Sorry but I'm really too busy to get into this further but had to say
something...

Matthew Kurowski
Stranded in a foreign city with only his invisible friends and his PCs to
keep him company... ;-)