Subject: RE: cipe-win32, adapter 0 will not uninstall
From: Paul Jakma <paulj,AT,itg,DOT,ie>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:54:02 +0100

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Matthew Kurowski wrote:

> Yes, I've hit that with earlier cipe-win32 versions. Honestly, I've been to
> busy to keep up with things though.
>
> I would just manually delete the associated entries. I'm at a job site right
> now so can't look up the actually entries but they should be...

yes, that is what i did (ie solution you attached below). i manually
went through the registry looking for "cip" and deleted anything
relevant.

the problem for me though is that i'm looking to deploy CIPE to
securely connect various sites throughout europe¹. Ie create a unified
secure "intranet" for our job.

the remote sysadmins aren't always the most clueful, and also there is
politics involved², which means that the solution has to be as
foolproof as possible.

> Also, you can use InCtrl on win32 platforms as a sysdiff-like util to tell
> the exact entries - or just look in the inf file for where to look.

InCtrl? uhmmm.. will investigate.

> Sorry but I'm really too busy to get into this further but had to say
> something...

no worries. Thanks for the reply!

> Matthew Kurowski
> Stranded in a foreign city with only his invisible friends and his PCs to
> keep him company... ;-)

well, i'll try do my bit to keep you entertained by posting to the
CIPE list. :)

i guess you're a consultant, then?

regards and thanks!

--paulj

¹. see my PS attached to the bottom of the "cipe 1.4.6 ... restart
cipcb0 ..." mail that i will post shortly to the list.

². along the lines of a group of Windows sysadmins at another site
pushing that we use a proprietary windows VPN product. i can't afford
to give them ammunition, because for higher-level political reasons
we must keep them reasonably happy.

politics really really sucks...