Subject: Re: Strange NT BSOD behind linux firewall
From: Damion Wilson <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:57:05 +0100

Hi, Mike,

It's not your fault, and I don't think it's mine either ! As near as I can
tell, it's an issue with the way memory is handled between usermode and
kernelmode when using BUFFERED_IO (don't ask). This happens on some
machines sometimes, on some machines all the time, and never on others.

I don't have a development environment running right now because I'm
redoing our office network but I'll be back working on that problem soon.

In the interim, anyone having this problem is encouraged to try using the
older, original cipe-win32 version (it's on
http://cipe-win32.sourceforge.net) or to have a crack at solving the
problem :-)

Damion K. Wilson