Subject: Fwd: Mount remote drive
From: "R. Steve McKown" <rsmckown,AT,yahoo,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:17:36 +0100

>Hello,
>
>I have the folowing problem.
>I have cipe running and conectiong 2 net networks through linux RH on both
>sides
>I can ping, telnet and even use sybase to the remote net but i can not mount
>any drives on the remote net

CIPE isn't the issue.

I'm not up to speed on windows networking, but I do know that name
resolution and network browsing don't work by default over a routed
network, which you have.  Putting the NT box's informaiton into lmhosts
on the Win98 box might do the trick.  You probably don't want to
make the NT box the 98 box's WINS server, since it is not a permanent
connection.

I'm sure you'll find some good information on Microsoft's knowledge
base about sharing drives across a routed IP network.

Steve