Subject: RE: Cipe over non-persistent links
From: SBNelson,AT,thermeon,DOT,com
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:26:59 +0100

I bring up cipe in my /etc/ppp/ip-up.local script and I bring it down
(ifconfig cipcb0 down) in my /etc/ppp/ip-down.local script (redhat, but you
can do the equiv. in other distributions).

The only other piece is to make pppd re-dial when the link goes down.  I now
use kppp to start my pppd to my ISP, but you could test to see if the
persist option to pppd calls the ip-down and ip-up scripts appropriately.
If not, you could write a shell script to put pppd into a loop.