Subject: can cipe handle encap. win neigborhood?
From: Nick <daye149,AT,pacbell,DOT,net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:38:24 +0200

Hello,

I want to be able to view in network neigborhood, computers for a remote
location.

Can you use cipe tunnels for NT authentication and browsing from LAN to
remote LAN?????

I have the tunnel established between two linux boxes and can ping all hosts
within each lan from both locations.

But I can seem to view computers through the network neigborhood I think due
to the fact that they are on different subnets
ie:  192.168.0/24 & 192.168.1/24

I have netbeui and tcp/ip installed on machines inside LAN (windows based)
Do I need to setup each LAN on the same subnet???
are lmhost files needed??

Thanks guys

-Nick