Subject: Re: can cipe handle encap. win neigborhood?
From: Nick <daye149,AT,pacbell,DOT,net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:17:34 +0200

Well, what if I don't have a cisco router?

How can I forward the smb packets to the new subnet??/

So far I have one NT PDC on one side w/ IP forwarding enabled and a single
windows 98 computer on the other.

With lmhosts containing each others IP addresses.  But the smb packets aren't
being tunneled.

an ping, ftp, http, ssh, all that good stuff, but noe net neighborhood.

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I don't wanna buy cisco routers if I don't
have to!!

-Nick