Subject: Re: cipe won't answer arp requests for its interface?
From: James Ralston <qralston+ml.cipe-l,AT,andrew,DOT,cmu,DOT,edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 05:10:40 +0200

[Okay, let's see if I can remember to hit send *after* composing my
reply this time.]

On 22 Mar 2001, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> James Ralston <qralston+ml.cipe-l,AT,andrew,DOT,cmu,DOT,edu> writes:
> > Is there some reason why that isn't the default?
>
> Because in the case where CIPE is being used as an intermediate
> router to another network, it likely isn't needed at all.

True, and the more I play around with cipe, the more it's apprant
that's what cipe seems mostly intended to do.

I'd still recommend that a note be added to the docs, though... as I
said, the word "arp" doesn't even appear in the documentation (at
least not in cipe-1.4snap-1, which comes with Red Hat 7).

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute