Subject: Re: CIPE pre 7 and BSOD
From: Chris Parsons <cfparson,AT,infotec,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:53:13 +0200

One of the machines I had it installed on did have pre6 installed before
upgrading but the other didnt. The machine that had the fresh install still
bsod'd. It happened about 30 or so seconds after the service was started.
After rebooting I have noticed an error in the System Log from NBF,
"\Device\Nbf_CIPE2 failed while setting OID 01010103 on adapter
\Device\CIPE2." This is the first time this has appeared in the log though.
At the moment it has crashed and rebooted without the BSOD so I'm afriad
that I cant tell you what it is reporting. If I can find out, I'll tell you.

Chris.

>I haven't tried it on SP6 at all but it shouldn't make a difference. What
>kind of Stop message is it ?
>
>Does it mention IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION ?
>
>Did you have pre6 installed before upgrading ?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Damion K. Wilson

>On 4/2/01 at 4:47 PM Chris Parsons wrote:
>
>>I have installed the latest versiioin of CIPE-Win32 (2.0-pre7) and upon
>>What could possibly cause this. I'm Running NT4.0 Service Pack 6a and have
>>tried it on several machines, all to no avail.
>>
>>Thankyou for any help.

| Chris Parsons   | Infotec Communications |
|                 | chrisp,AT,infotec,DOT,com,DOT,au  |