Subject: Re: CIPE-Win32 (2.0-pre7) BSOD
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:31:52 +0200

That helps a little. The unhandled exception normally means that there's a
bad pointer being used somewhere. I've never seen the driver die on load
before (except when it was just a nonfunctional stub). I presume that
you're loading it manually. ZoneAlarm shouldn't bother it, the driver does
no packet interpretation so any IP traffic should be allowable.

On 4/2/01 at 7:04 PM James A. N. Stauffer wrote:

>I got an UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION.  I had pre6 installed first and I tried to
>uninstall it by deleting the files and removing any "cipe" registry
entries
> (The network bindings also had to be regenerated) and then installing
>pre7.  I am also running SP 6a.  Could ZoneAlarm cause the problem?
>Is there any other info that would be useful to you?
>
>--- "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm> wrote:
>> I haven't tried it on SP6 at all but it shouldn't make a difference.
What