Subject: Re: cipe with 2.4.2 or higher kernels
From: James Samuel <james,AT,jml,DOT,net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 22:32:53 +0200

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Roberto Nibali wrote:

> > Recently, I upgraded my version of cipe to the lateset stable 1.5 version,
> > and kernel up to 2.4.0 / .1 - everything was fine. Great, I thought. Then
> > I went up to 2.4.2, and now cipe no longer compiles. It complains about
> > the call to the ip_select_ident function on line 280 of output.c, and the
> > number of parameters passed. OK, thought I, I'll tell it to use the old
> > ip_select_ident function - A quick check on the source told me it had been
> > renamed __ip_select_ident.
>
> For the TUX2.0 for example the ip_select_ident() function accepts one
> parameter more. So I haven't the sources of cipe ready but you just
> add NULL as third parameter and everything should be fine :)
> ip_select_ident(...,...,NULL);

Yes. I did that. It compiles fine then, but I still get the unknown
control errors from the syslog when the daemon is running.

> HTH (and if not, tell me the exact error message),

The syslog when the daemon is running says:

"date hostname ciped-2.4.2-ac7[20503] unknown control -113"

And that line repeats, with random numbers, and then causes messages
regarding the peer to show up. I haven't got any logs with those in to
hand, though.

Does that help at all?

--
James