Subject: Re: CIPE-Win32 (2.0-pre7) BSOD
From: "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:20:01 +0200

It's in the driver. pre7 does buffer handling using a different I/O manager
technique (DIRECT_IO as opposed to BUFFERED_IO). This stopped the strange
buffer problems and BSOD's that existed in pre6. I found, to my disgust,
that somewhere, a pointer passed to the debug message output routine
DbgPrint was causing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Stop 0x0a) issues. So I yanked
out all the debug messages. Since then I have had two NT4.0 SP5 machines
running it constantly with active traffic (a week now) against Cipe 1.3.0.

I would like to see the top line of the Stop message if possible. I may
have to set up another NT machine with WinDbg over the serial line (yuck
!). It doesn't help that the appearance of this bug is random per
installation. Are all your installations on Win2K ?

(Sigh)

Damion K. Wilson