Subject: Re: CIPE-Win32 (2.0-pre8) BSOD
From: Damion Wilson <dkw,AT,rcm,DOT,bm>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 23:26:36 +0200

You, know, I haven't tried DHCP. It should work as long as the remote peer
is capable of forwarding DHCP requests/replies or answering them (i.e. it's
a DHCP server) directly. Normally, I'd expect that one would assign the
CIPE adapters static IP values.

Try this out:

i) Go into the registry and delete the keys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards\<n>] where <n> is an adapter number. Make
sure that these key belongs to CIPE adapters by looking at the value of
ProductName (it should say "CIPE")

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CIPE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CIPE_Daemon
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CIPE<n>

I know I don't need to tell you to be careful in the registry...

ii) Delete the files c:\winnt\system32\cipsrvr.exe,
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\cipdrvr.sys, c:\winnt\system32\oemnadvp.inf and
c:\cipsrvr.exe (it shouldn't be there anyway)

iii) Restart your box. All of the CIPE stuff should be gone when it comes
back up. Reinstall from the distribution and contact me. If you've already
tried all this, then let me know and I'll start looking to see what changed
with SP6

Thanks,

Damion K. Wilson