Subject: Re: Bug in list management?
From: Erik Wallin <erikw,AT,sec,DOT,se>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:16:31 +0200

Damion Wilson wrote:
Don't apologise, you almost have me convinced. I'll
check it out some more.
I'm possibly too close to the problem as I implemented the linked list
separately and stress tested it in its own testsuite before introducing
it
to the driver code. I still don't have failures running it.
Does make sense if your malloc returns zero initialized memory when you
test it.
However, I do agree that the MemAlloc function should
clear the memory
before use because it is a general function that is not necessarily
used by
just linked list node allocation. This modification is in place now.
Great.
I found another thing that might improve the situation but this is probably
not the real problem. It's in DisplayDebugString:
static char l_Buffer[4096];
vsprintf(l_Buffer, p_Format, l_ArgumentList);
Just to be on the safe side if a debug call is made with a long string
that doesn't fit in 4k you should use:
vsnprintf(l_Buffer, 4096, p_Format, l_ArgumentList);
I'm looking forward to the next version. In the meantime, I'll continue
proofreading.
/Erik
?