Subject: Autoconnect via CIPE
From: Anthony.Barker,AT,bmo,DOT,com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:02:50 +0200
Hi:

I am a newbie a have a quick question....

I have looked at ssh for forwarding ports to other machines securely.
How does CIPE differ? What about stunnel ?

Does it automatically detect that the other machine supports CIPE?

Under older versions of Linux there was a script /sbin/request-route
?which the kerneld used to autodial to ISPs.

Does CIPE offer similar functionality or could it be configured?

Basically I want to forward IP requests via a secure tunnel if possible - if
not fall back on unsecure methods.
For example - POP3 could be wrapped in a secure TCPIP wrapper. This is
possible with ssh...

Thanks in advance!!

Anthony