Subject: Re: cipe-win32 not answering, am I stupid???
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:56:38 +0200

Erik,

The code section where this happens is in the CipeSocket.cpp method
RequestAsyncReceive. A non-blocking I/O socket read request is issued
using the WSARecvFrom routine specifying that the address info of the
sender be recorded in the object referenced by m_PeerInfo. m_PeerInfo
is subsequently used in the WSASendTo call found in the Send method
that is responsible for issuing UDP tunnel packets. There is a potential
weakness here that I mulled over for a little while. The sender's address
is recorded for any packet arriving at the CIPE port. It is likely that I
should only record the addresses of packets that successfully decrypt. I
may need to determine how Olaf handles this for clarification.

DKW

On Sunday, April 29, 2001 at 14:41:06 [ADT] Erik Wallin wrote:
> cipe32,AT,gmx,DOT,de wrote:
>
> > > (Don't worry this will be fixed in a later release. :-)
> > Oh, so I am not the only one with the problem?
>
> Well I don't know. I was referring to the problem of computers being
> stupid and
> that may improve in later version of your computer. Sorry, I'll never try
> to be
> funny again. Promise.:-)
>
> Anyway. I think you might have spotted a problem in CIPE Win32.
>
> Your home Linux machine does not have a fixed IP address if I understand
> things
> right. When it connects to the W2K machine, the cipe-server on the W2K
> will detect
> a new peer IP and port number. It will register this and start using it
> for
> traffic from the W2K to the home Linux. At least this is what is supposed
> happen. But, I'm not sure this has been implemented yet.

..