Subject: Re: version mismatch
From: Thomas Weber <l_cipe,AT,abyss,DOT,4t2,DOT,com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 18:38:21 +0200

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 04:09:31PM -0700, James A. N. Stauffer wrote:
> When I try to start ciped-cb, I get a "ciped version mismatch" error.  How
> do I fix this?

I guess you should make sure to use the same cipe version (tools and kernel
module) all the time.

> Also I noticed that there are two cipcb.o modules.  One under net and one
> under misc of different sizes.  Is that correct?

what distribution are you running? At least recent RedHats come with cipe
patched into the kernel. So the module under net/cipe is the redhat one
while the one under misc is yours. Either you get rid of yours and stay
with the redhat stuff (check your userland rpms) or throw away the module
from redhat (in ...net/cipe) and use your selfmade stuff. For the later make
sure you don't have the vendors userland cipe rpms installed.

  Tom