Subject: RE: Driver installed in Win2000, now what ?
From: "James A. N. Stauffer" <stauffer_james,AT,yahoo,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:05:06 +0200

--- Marc Valentin <mvalent,AT,abeditions,DOT,com> wrote:
> I begin to see what I have to do... but :
> - Is it possible to use domain names instead of ip address for Lan?Peer
> (if not, it's a problem with dynamic IP addressing...) ?
I don't think so, but I am not sure.

> - Who assigned the PTP addresses to you ? Do you mean I don't have to
> care about them ?
My work had a CIPE box running and they told me the address to use.  I
think it doesn't really matter, but I don't know.

> - In a previous message Damion K. Wilson said : "First (if you haven't
> done already), assign an IP address to the adapter using Windows network
> control panel." I suppose he was talking about the CIPE VPN adapter.
Yes

> Do I have to specify an IP address there ? (After installation I have
> for tcp/ip properties : "Obtain an IP address automaticaly"). Wich
> address ?
The address that you set there is the Local PTP (I think).  Set it and you
will see it in the Cipe Settings.  It is the IP address that can't be
changed from the CIPE Settings.

=====
   o      _____           |  James A. N. Stauffer  | | Stauffer_James |
 .][__n_n_|DD[  ====____  | Spam food: uce,AT,ftc,DOT,gov | |   @yahoo.com   |
_/oo OOOOO oo`  ooo  ooo  'o¬o¬o              o¬o¬o` 'o¬o          o¬o`