Subject: Re: Unsupported kernel version error
From: "Trever L. Adams" <vichu,AT,digitalme,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 01:47:38 +0200

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> Add ",NULL" to the macro defined on line 51.  I thought the variation
> in this macro was supposed to be appropriate for recent 2.4 based on
> the #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE, but I'm using RH7.1's original 2.4.2 and
> still needed the ",NULL" component.  I was intending to go back to
> find out what was really happening here on a per-version basis, but
> haven't gotten to it yet, and I basically just needed RH7.1 up-&-
> running ASAP so I've just hacked enough to make it fly.

Actually, it was supposed to work with 2.3.x (late) and 2.4.x.  I know,
I helped do the porting.  However, I don't have that kind of time
anymore.  Thank you for telling me the little trick you did.

> Hm, on the other hand, you say you've got 2.4.5, in which case the #if
> should DTRT for you.  Are you sure that your kernel source tree is
> aimed at the right version?

I only have one active kernel tree on this box.  That is 2.4.5.  The rest

are in tarballs if they even exist.  I guess I may

have to take time I don't have and make it work.  Though I find it
interesting.  I have been able to get it to compile without patches for
2.4.x<4 with kgcc.  I can't get it to compile that with with anything
x>=5.  It is very confusing.  Note: I didn't try 2.4.4 for various reasons.

Trever Adams