Subject: RE: general info needed for 2.4.x
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort,AT,tmwsystems,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:22:49 +0200

Dragos,

You'll want to search through the archived CIPE mailing list archives. There
are some interestin issues with SMB broadcasts and VPNs. I think it boils
down to making sure there is a WINS server at each end, and that they relay
broadcasts to each other. Straight SMB (i.e. \\192.168.10.1\C$) works
without a hitch.

I don't know about the 2.4.5 kernel, haven't needed to go past 2.2.19 here.

Good Luck,
Paul