Subject: thanks for replies
From: Dragos Delcea <dragos.delcea,AT,farmexim,DOT,ro>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:15:13 +0200

thank you for your replies

The problem that I'm trying to deal with wright
now isn't samba, that would be after...I'm evaluating
my options in the vpn field.

I want to run some tests with cipe to see how it
behaves. If this would (eventually) turn out to be
the the method of builing a vpn, it would have to
link our main lan with the small lans (9-10) of
the subsidiaries we have around the country.
The problem is that the machine that would run
those 10 links would have a netfilter firewall,
that means 2.4.x kernel...
However this is in the project stage wright now,
but, as I said, I'm evaluating my options.

>From what I see, the documentation is scarce,
but when I worked some time ago for a ISP
there was a cipe setup linking two locations and
I never had to touch it 'couse it worked flawlessly.

dragos