Subject: Re: general info needed for 2.4.x
From: Dragos Delcea <dragos.delcea,AT,farmexim,DOT,ro>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:20:37 +0200

ewheeler,AT,kaico,DOT,com wrote:

> Dragos --
>
> I've had great success w/ cipe for SMB usage.  Let me help by telling you
> what I learned by my mistakes and what I did to make it work:
>
> First, I must say that I'm using 2.4.4, but I know that 2.4.5 works fine
> 'cause I have tested it in a different environment.  The basic procedure
> is the same.

thanks!
I'm printing your mail, to have it for reference.(I cannot thank
you enough)
I'm going to setup a test link (to get used to the configuration)
because I must be good at it when I pick it up (there would be 10
 vpns connecting our subsidiaries around the country).

And, by the way, I'm upgrading our samba server to 2.2.0 (or 2.2.1
if it
comes out in a week or two); I do not need domain logons (at least
the
old one never did); As for dhcp, I will avoid it. (hope I can)
Our network is badly deployed right now, and I have to do something
about that, too.
This is going to be a long shot...

Thank you (again)
Best wishes from Bucharest, Romania