Subject: Scalability of CIPE (fwd)
From: Tom Mraz <t8m,AT,centrum,DOT,cz>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:19:36 +0200

Hi,

sorry for reposting, but I need at least a partial answer and I don't know
if someone catched my previous mail.

We have network with central servers, gateway/firewall and client machines
over the Internet.
I would like to know, how many client machines with CIPE can the central
CIPE gateway handle. I see that the dynamic allocation allows up to 99 cipe
devices. Is there any way how to raise this? There isn't heavy traffic from
all of the client machines but they has to be connected simultaneously. What
if we would have 1000 client machines, is it possible to use CIPE?
Would it be too hard to rewrite cipe to share cipcb devices between more
than 2 machines?

Thank you,

Tomas Mraz

                                                Turkish proverb