Subject: Re: Scalability of CIPE (fwd)
From: Adrian Snyman <adrians,AT,datrix,DOT,co,DOT,za>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:32:18 +0200

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 t8m,AT,centrum,DOT,cz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for reposting, but I need at least a partial answer and I don't know
> if someone catched my previous mail.
>
> We have network with central servers, gateway/firewall and client machines
> over the Internet.
> I would like to know, how many client machines with CIPE can the central
> CIPE gateway handle. I see that the dynamic allocation allows up to 99 cipe
> devices. Is there any way how to raise this? There isn't heavy traffic from
> all of the client machines but they has to be connected simultaneously. What
> if we would have 1000 client machines, is it possible to use CIPE?
> Would it be too hard to rewrite cipe to share cipcb devices between more
> than 2 machines?
>
> Thank you,

Think of the CIPE interface as a Network Gateway ..

If you have 1000 Clients, as long as they have the machine with the CIPE
interface set up as the default gateway, and as long as that machine
forwards the packets between the interfaces, it should theoretically work
..

|    .--.    Adrian Snyman - Datrix Solutions                     |
|   |o_o |   mailto:adriansREMOVE,AT,datrix,DOT,co,DOT,za                    |
|   |:_/ |   Tel: +27 11 888-1869                                 |
|  //   \ \  Cell: +27 82 600-1211                                |
|/'\_   _/`\      EARTH.EXE corrupted. Run FLOOD.BAT? (y/n)       |