Subject: CIPE kernel module wedges after 2 up/downs of CIPE iface?
From: Derrik Pates <dpates,AT,dsdk12,DOT,net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:41:50 +0200

Has anyone else seen this? I want to use CIPE as a crypto tunnel over a
wireless link (so I can hopefully soon get broadband access via cablemodem
in a nearby town), and I want to be able to pull the link back up
automatically if it times out, but I've found that after a couple times of
the CIPE interface going up and down, the kernel module wedges and ciped
just returns a 1 (according to pkcipe). I am trying protocol v4 (I want to
get end-to-end bridging working, but I want this link to work first), and
I don't know if that's what is causing the problem or not. I think I saw
the same thing with protocol v3, but I don't recall for sure. (I'd have to
try it again.)

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates,AT,dsdk12,DOT,net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN