Subject: CIPE on WinNT behind Linux Firewall ...
From: Gert.Vandelaer,AT,medisearch-int,DOT,com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:56:02 +0200

Hello all,

Don't be scared by the subject ... take a deep breath ..
that's right ... now read it again ...

Indeed, I'm asking a question about CIPE on NT,
the readme that came with the package was sort of short.
I read through the CIPE faq's, some info about file sharing was there ...

But I just wonder,
is there anyone here who has ever actually used CIPE on NT.

I'm planning on running the CIPE server behind a 2.4.x firewall,
much easier than IpSec, because of the udp tunnel ...
so that 'll all work fine ...

U just wondered if there is anything I have to look out for on NT.

Some configuration hints would also be much appreciated,
because I'm not used to this NT click stuff ...

"Why on NT ?" you ask ... well that's ez ... because the CIPE client is
going to be in another country,
where there is no Linux support ... so, there you have it ..

This is the setup ...

Win NT A / CIPE Client ---- DSL Router A---- Internet ---- DSL Router B
---- Linux Firewall B (Fixed IP / DNAT) ----- Win NT B / CIPE Server (LAN
IP)