Subject: CIPE on Windows NT 4
From: Joe Harmon <jharmon,AT,blinfo,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:38:46 +0200

Hello, I just subscribed to the mailing list and was wondering if someone
could help me.  I just installed CIPE on a Windows NT 4 and I'm not able to
get it to work.  I'm new to VPN so bare with me.

How do I set my settings for the following configuration?
  My Gateway address is 1.1.1.1                 (Windows NT 4)
  My Controlling PC address is 2.2.2.2                 (Windows 98)

  His Gateway is 3.3.3.3                                      (Linux -
RedHat)
  His PC that I'm am trying to get to is 4.4.4.4       (Windows 2000)

I installed CIPE on our Windows NT 4 Gateway (which has direct connection to
internet).

Can someone please tell me the steps I have to take in order to get this to
work?  What do I set my settings to based on the pseudo addresses above?
  LOCAL IP?
  PEER IP?
  LOCAL PTP?
  PEER PTP?

I don't know if this matters but we have Microsoft Proxy running on our
Gateway computer.  Does anyone have any quick steps or quick guide to
installing and setting up CIPE on Windows?

TIA,
Joe Harmon
B&L Information Systems
Software Development Engineer
*       Phone:  (616) 465-6207  X-340
*       Fax:    (616) 465-6686
*       Email:  jharmon,AT,blinfo,DOT,com