Subject: RE: CIPE?
From: Joe Harmon <jharmon,AT,blinfo,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 20:56:23 +0200

         Damion,

        This don't make sense!  First of all, NT 4.0 will not let me have
two adapters with the same IP address.  You say that the below configuration
is correct.  If I try to set the LOCAL PTP to our Gateway's IP address it
says that 2 adapters can't have same IP address.

        > > My Gateway (connected to internet): 1.1.1.1
        > > My Internal PC that I'm wanting to connect with on LAN: 2.2.2.2
        > >
        > > His Gateway (connected to the internet): 3.3.3.3
        > > His PC I'm trying to reach (on his LAN): 4.4.4.4.
        > >
        > > LOCAL PTP = ?
        > > PEER PTP = ?
        > > PEER IP = ?
        > > LOCAL IP = ?

        Based on the above information could you please fill in the question
marks?

        Much appreciated...

        Joe