Subject: Re: Any good route-managment ideas?
From: Gert.Vandelaer,AT,medisearch-int,DOT,com
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:20:07 +0200

I think you might be impressed with the new netfilter in the linux 2.4.x
kernels.
I don't think much was changed to the "routing" (except for some nifty new
featuers in iproute2),
but as you are clearly worried about people without a clue, but with root,
you'd be interested to know that there are some nice modules for netfilter
(iptables, replacement ipchains / ipfwadm), the one you would be most
interested about is the filteren based on the UID / Owner of the sender of
the packet. (Not sure about EUID, haven't tested it that touroughly)

Cya,
Gert

PS : I'm gonna repost the thread I started about "2 Win NT with CIPE, of
which 1 is behind a Linux Firewal" ... been on holiday copple of weeks ...