Subject: Re: what port number to use?
From: Gordon Chamberlin <glac,AT,visualizeinc,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:58:39 +0200

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't understand how to circumvent a firewall
with CIPE.  In my limited experience with CIPE, I have been unable to to
connect two end-points unless both hosts have routable IP addresses on
the Internet.

Firewalls would likely constrain the IP addresses behind them to the
non-routable range (192.168.x.y).  How would you tunnel through a
firewall in that case or any other?

Thanks.
 -Gordon