Subject: Re: Setup/routing question with cipe
From: Nathan Neulinger <nneul,AT,umr,DOT,edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:28:05 +0200

Well, interestingly, I've got this working, but have a number of nasty
problems.

First, I can't get it to work with pkcipe AT ALL. Nothing will ever go
over the link, most likely due to the screwy address it is choosing for
the peer on the server side. (The server's default outbound route
crosses a 10.0.0.x network, and it's picking 10.0.0.254 as the peer
address.) I tried all sorts of contortions with specifying options/etc,
and never had any luck getting it to link up properly. When I hand wired
everything in and ran ciped-cb by itself, it worked right away.

The second problem, in order to get the source-based routing to work, I
had to do this on the client router:

ip rule add from X.X.X.1 table 200 prio 200
...X.2...
...X.3...
ip route add default via 10.0.2.1 table 200

Where 10.0.2.1 is ipaddr on server.

If I try to use the netmask in that rule instead of multiple invocations
for each ip, the client router can no longer talk to X.X.X.Y.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I might improve this, pass em
along, I'd love to hear em.

-- Nathan